Vars knoffel behaal rekordpryse in SA supermarkte. Gryp die geleentheid aan en raak deel van die groeiende plaaslike bedryf. ‘n Goeie oes begin goeie saad. Graceland Garlic is een van die mees gerekende hoë kwaliteit knoffelsaadkwekers en verskaffers in Suidelike Afrika.
Every Great Harvest Begins With Great Seed
Welcome to Graceland Garlic Seed
Graceland Garlic Seed Equips and Supports Beginner Garlic Farmers with Knowledge to Be Successful Garlic Farmers.
We Supply the Finest Quality Garlic Seed for an Optimal Yield.
The garlic landscape in South Africa is expanding and the industry could do with local growers to contribute to local demand.
Who We Are?
Graceland Garlic Seed is based in Springs, Gauteng and was founded in 2013 by father and son duo, Dereyck and Jacques Terblanche. The small part-time project developed into a lucrative and intensive full-time farming venture, and now exports garlic seed all over Africa. Graceland Garlic is a key role player in promoting the local garlic industry in South Africa.
Why Buy Your Seed from Graceland Garlic Seed?
- Our premium quality garlic seed has been tested by a registered Agricultural Research laboratory to make sure it is free from harmful pathogens that can adversely affect the Quality and potential yield of your crop
- Our seed is sorted and picked by hand; we make sure all inferior seeds have been removed to ensure optimal yield
- We are experienced in the admin processes for the export of garlic
- Our garlic varieties are well adapted to South African climatic conditions andis sought after by the consumer
- We send our seed via trusted courier services with the fastest delivery time possible
- Telephonic crop care coaching throughout the growing process
Here Are a Few Good Reasons to Plant Garlic:
- If you start with good seed, you only need to buy seed once for your initial crop, you can thereafter plant every successive crop from the seed bank you have saved from the previous season’s harvest – this brings about a huge saving on the cost of seed
- Play the market; Garlic has a very long shelf life; this means you can keep your garlic in storage and send it to the market when the price is acceptable
- Planting time for garlic seed is in February / March in central South Africa and in April / May in the Western Cape
- Garlic does not have to be stored in a climate-controlled environment; this means you save on energy costs such as generators and Eskom power
- You don’t need expensive equipment to cultivate garlic; it can be planted and harvested manually
- Locally grown quality garlic is in high demand– a quality product always sells
- Local garlic is healthier and tastier than the imported, bleached, and irradiated product and supermarkets and outlets are encouraged to stock the local product
- Garlic is often used as a companion plant and planted with other vegetables to ward off various pests and insects
- Garlic can be planted in almost any soil type and grows in most climatic areas in South Africa
- Garlic does not get stolen or eaten buy wild animals
- Garlic can be irrigated by drip, sprinkle, or flood irrigation
- Garlic uses little water (25mm a week)
- Garlic takes 7 – 9 months to grow depending on the variety you choose
- Locally produced garlic creates local jobs
Top Quality Garlic Seed Suppliers
Graceland is South Africa’s Trusted Garlic Seed Supplier, and we supply high-quality garlic seed to Farmers and Garden enthusiasts
Graceland is proudly supplying quality seed throughout South Africa and Africa. We arrange Phytosanitary certificates for exports of Garlic Seed.
Free Telephonic Coaching & Free Grower's Guide
We provide free crop care coaching and consultancy throughout the growing season.
Fresh garlic is selling at record prices in SA Supermarkets. Seize this opportunity and supply your own garlic to the local market. A great harvest begins with great seed. Graceland Garlic is South Africa’s premiere cultivator of top-quality garlic seed.
Get in touch
+27 82 332 2600
4 Mac Phail street, Petersfield, Springs, 1599 (Strictly appointment only)