Welcome to Graceland Top Quality Garlic Seeds
BEWARE OF BUYING CHEAPER SEEDS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED IN A REGISTERED LABORATORY
Every successful harvest begins with good quality seed. Clean and healthy seeds form the foundation of any harvest. It is impossible to harvest an excellent quality crop of garlic from inferior or compromised seed. At Graceland Garlic, no effort is spared in making sure our clients receive the best possible quality of seed and value for their money. We employ the latest scientific and agricultural advances to ensure our clients get the best quality seed for an optimal yield. Clients who want to buy seed must be aware of “bargain buys” or fresh garlic bought from the market. This seed may be infected with harmful pathogens that can easily spoil your entire crop and stay in your soil for more than ten years. All our seed are tested by registered Agricultural Research laboratories to make sure it is free from fungus that can adversely affect the Quality and potential yield of your crop. YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS!
The garlic landscape in South Africa is expanding and the industry could do with local growers to contribute to local demand. Graceland Garlic Seed is based in Springs, Gauteng and was founded in 2013 father and son duo, Dereyck and Jacques Terblanche. The small part-time project developed into a lucrative and intensive full-time farming venture.
Here are a few reasons to plant garlic:
- Good quality home-gown products are always in demand on the market. Quality sells.
• Home grown garlic is fresher and more flavourful than sub-standard, store-bought garlic, which is often grown in China and shipped to distributors in the South Africa.
• Imported garlic is fumigated, bleached, and dosed with chemicals to prevent sprouting. Consumers are looking to buy the better quality, healthier, more flavoursome homegrown product.
• Garlic has more allicin, a compound that makes garlic so healthy, along with plenty of antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-fungal
properties. Garlic helps fend off a variety of common ailments, from the common cold to high blood pressure, tick bites, ringworm, and athlete’s foot.
- Unlike most vegetables, garlic is frost resistant; planted in autumn and harvested the following spring. This means that it is a good crop to plant during the winter months.
• You can store fresh garlic for an extended period. You can thus play the market for more desirable prices. No expensive cool rooms or fridges are needed to keep it fresh like other vegetables
• Garlic doesn’t get stolen or eaten wild animals. Garlic deters porcupine, deer, rabbits, mice, rats, and moles. Even monkeys and baboons are repelled its scent and flavour.
The Secret to Successful Garlic Farming.
Start small and make many…
Garlic seed increases exponentially. The secret to successful garlic farming is to buy your initial seed for you fist crop. In consecutive years you can plant your own seed. Therefore, you only need to buy seed once. In doing so you will save on the cost of seed when you plant every successive crop. Place your seed order now to avoid disappointment!
What Our customers Says
Vars knoffel behaal rekordpryse in SA supermarkte. Gryp die geleentheid aan en raak deel van die groeiende plaaslike bedryf. ‘n Goeie oes begin goeie saad. Graceland Garlic is een van die mees gerekende hoë kwaliteit knoffelsaadkwekers en verskaffers in Suidelike Afrika.
Fresh garlic is selling at record prices in SA Supermarkets. Seize this opportunity and supply your own garlic to the local market. A great harvest begins with great seed. Graceland Garlic is South Africa’s premiere cultivator of top-quality garlic seed.
Get in touch
+27 82 332 2600
4 Mac Phail street, Petersfield, Springs, 1599 (Strictly appointment only)